I had a problem with my gutters in the spring clogging up with maple tree seeds. The water would stand in my gutters and get stagnated and cause mosquitos to breed and some mold to develop. After I would clean out the seed debris I would pour a mixture of dish detergent and Clorox in the gutter and it would clean, disinfect and get rid of the mold as it was going down the downspout. This has been so helpful in the spring and fall.
The inside of plastic bottles used for pet waterers turn green with mold despite the addition of Microban in the plastic. Removing the hazy mold from the larger bottles, especially those used with the Petmate Le Bistro 2.75 gal waterer, is next to impossible. Because of the bottle configuration, bottle brushes can't access the area just under the opening where water comes out. Filling a 2.75 gal. container with water and mixing in 1/4 cup of Clorox Bleach and allowing it to stand overnight kills the mold. Unfortunately, even with several rinses the bottle still smells like Clorox (and probably tastes like it, if it's anything like pouring a gallon of bleach into my well every year to kill bacteria ).
Perhaps Clorox could develop a pet safe, pre-measured liquid product that could be used in these bottles and would kill mold, reduce bacteria, and not have a nasty aftertaste or smell. Users could mix the product with a specified amount of water, depending on the size of the container, pour it into their pet's watering bottle, shake it, pour out the solution, then rinse the bottle and refill with clear water.