My idea is simple is that Clorox bottle cap has a pistil as has also the perfume or a damp with a cap that opens into the pit of plugs.
I stop mold in first place by running bathroom heater to keep it dry in there.
Every spring, I have green algae all over my vinyl siding on my home. It's really bad in shaded areas. In the past, I would scrub it with a scrub brush and it took me days! Now I get out there with a bottle of Clorox Clean-Up, spray it on the vinyl siding, wait 5 minutes and wash it off with the hose. The only problem now is that my hand gets tired of squirting the entire house, so my idea is to put Clorox Clean-Up (for Vinyl siding) in a bottle that attaches to your hose. Just attach the new idea onto the end of the hose, turn on your hose and it squirts directly onto the house and VOILA....Clean home!!
I don't have a picture of the bottle because you haven't made it yet!! LOL
I have had succes with hydrogen peroxide. Application from a spray bottle and scrubbing with a brush removed it. Subsequent periodic applications have prevented reoccurence.I used an old toothbrush to clean the corner areas of our tub surround.
My idea is a toliet bowl tank Pine Sol product. The Pine Sol would be in a bottle dispenser that is hung on back of toilet tank and dispenses Pine Sol each time you flush. This will help with mold in toliet bowl plus provide that GREAT Pine Sol scent in the bathroom.
(This is what I am yearning for) . . . see sample ad below.
Got mold in your shower tile grout? Sick of using scouring powder and a toothbrush, and spending the whole day scrubbing? You are in luck. The Clorox family now offers you TILE PEN. It has a roller tip that dispenses a thick bleach gel on the places where you want it (grout mold), and not the places that you don't (your shirt). Just trace over the grout with the pen and leave. Ten minutes later, a quick rince and viola! CLEAN GROUT THAT YOU COULD KISS!
When it comes to mold, it has got to be one of the hardest things to get rid of. There are different types of mold the hardest to get rid of is black mold. It gets under carpets and into the walls. It can make you sick!!
Mold turns up in areas that are wet, and stay wet often like bathroom and showers. As a child growing up we would dry the walls, and floors of the bathroom after we were done. So a good mold stopper is to keep the areas where mold would be found dry.
The best mold remover or killer has always been straight bleach. Nothing watered down, no other type of sprays seem to work as well as bleach does. By using a sponge and bleach you are able to get into some areas, and using a spray bottle you would spray the bleach on and then leave it for a while. Go back and wipe it down.
To answer your question (sorry about the mis-spelling there) we would apply the bleach to the mold straight, not watered down. Leaving it there for up to 20 minutes. And then wipe it off. Making sure that the area was dry when we were done. It helped keep the mold from coming back.
The ceilings in showers being too high for a kid, we would apply bleach to a old mop head and wipe the ceiling down with it. We would leave it on the ceiling for up to 20 minutes or till you saw the black spots are gone. Was it safe to do it this way? No idea, but when you got little kids living in really old houses nothing fancy will work. It had to be straight bleach.
One of the things my entire household appreciates is convenience and scents. As a Mom I'm concerned with germs. I find myself spraying lysol...wiping things down with clorox wipes, lighting candles or replacing plug in's all the time. I asked my olded daughter while she was cleaning her white board with a clorox wipe. What do you think they could do to improve those...her answer...make them smell better. Makes sense.
Bathroom ceilings are notorious for forming mildew and mold and the only way to take care of the problem is to stand on a stool or ladder and attack the ceiling with a sponge or rag loaded with mildew/mold cleaner. Unfortunately, using bleach can be hazardous to breathe, white vinegar smells awful, and both can drip on the user's clothing or, worse, in their eyes. My suggestion would be to not only create a healthier alternative to removing mildew and mold (see post on Natural Mold Removers) but also make a telescoping cleaning wand with a triangular ratcheting-head, something like the Rubbermaid Extendable Scrubber* which has a pointed end to get into corners. Pre-loaded disposable mildew/mold cleaning pads, along the lines of a Swiffer pad, could be affixed to the wand, allowing short people, the elderly, or ladder challeneged users to safely clean the ceiling without fearing an accident or getting cleaning solution on their clothing or in their hair and/or eyes.
Unfortunately, I can't seem to import my drawing of the wand so I've included a link to a picture of the Rubbermaid Extendable Scrubber:
Totally off the subject - why not add a simple pencil type line drawing tool to the above toolbar?