My idea is simple, what it do is you put it in your drain and leave it if you want. As hair or anything falls down the drain it will be caught by the catcher and you will be able to bring it up without the water being clogged up. It will be very easy to clean just by wiping it off. I know everyone got the problem with their teenage daughters washing their hair in sinks and it ends up clogging. Well with this invention you can prevent that cause it will get caught on the grizzles on the product. Even rings and othe item can also be prevented from goin down the drain, and it also can save alot of money by not having to call any plumbers to come and unclog the drain or having to go out and by snakes to stick down there. It also can be used in bathtubs also.
Bleach is the number one way to kill mold spores, and the Clorox Company is a front runner in the bleach department. But since bleach is not healthy to inhale, especially when used in confined spaces or over extended periods, it would seem like a good idea for Clorox to make a natural, non-hazardous mold killer using vinegar, tea tree oil or peroxide. Counterintuitive? No, especially if marketed under the Green Works label. This healthier alternative to a bleach based product would allow consumers to use the product on hard and soft surfaces and be safe to use around children and pets. Also, it would not need to be wiped or rinsed. It could be made available in a reusable spray bottle and in larger bottles of concentrated mold killer formula which can be diluted with water by the customer.
Summer coming and I will be doing a lot of canning. Would be nice to have a little better clean up for my white porcelain stove. I do utlize Cloxox bleach especially after making jelly and canning beets. Believe me it is messy. If clorox was in a gel form it would make cleaning up a lot faster and easier, hey that would even work on white clothes in the wash, and even on coffee cups.
When it comes to mold, it has got to be one of the hardest things to get rid of. There are different types of mold the hardest to get rid of is black mold. It gets under carpets and into the walls. It can make you sick!!
Mold turns up in areas that are wet, and stay wet often like bathroom and showers. As a child growing up we would dry the walls, and floors of the bathroom after we were done. So a good mold stopper is to keep the areas where mold would be found dry.
The best mold remover or killer has always been straight bleach. Nothing watered down, no other type of sprays seem to work as well as bleach does. By using a sponge and bleach you are able to get into some areas, and using a spray bottle you would spray the bleach on and then leave it for a while. Go back and wipe it down.
To answer your question (sorry about the mis-spelling there) we would apply the bleach to the mold straight, not watered down. Leaving it there for up to 20 minutes. And then wipe it off. Making sure that the area was dry when we were done. It helped keep the mold from coming back.
The ceilings in showers being too high for a kid, we would apply bleach to a old mop head and wipe the ceiling down with it. We would leave it on the ceiling for up to 20 minutes or till you saw the black spots are gone. Was it safe to do it this way? No idea, but when you got little kids living in really old houses nothing fancy will work. It had to be straight bleach.
I make my own cleaner and fighter for mold and mildew. For some reason our white vinyl siding has areas of mold and mildew. I use an empty spray bottle, a little dish detergent, and clorox. Spray the house with it use the brush and it comes off. I don't have to worry about killing any plants since there is stone there and I don't want plants growing there anyway.
I use 1/3 Clorox and 2/3 water to fight mold inside and outside. I use a spray bottle for smaller jobs or a garden sprayer for the black and green growth on the outside of my house. I simply spray ,wait 15 minutes and spray again if needed. If the mold is gone just rinse with clear water. This is a safe and environmental friendly solution.
We all take showers and most of us have shower mats in our tubs. I use to dread lifting up my rubber mat for fear of how digusting it would look. I resorted to simply buying new mats every so often. Well, with our economy, tossing out what can still be used just isn't practical or smart.
So, to rid my rubber shower mat of mildew I filled an almost empty bottle of Clorox bleach with water, plugged up my tub and poured it over the suction cups of my mat. I let it soak while doing other chores to make it easier for me to scrub later. After about 15-20 minutes I grabbed my scrubbing brush w/handle and was so happy to see all of the dark mold marks just disappear.
I love Clorox Bleach!
Bathroom ceilings are notorious for forming mildew and mold and the only way to take care of the problem is to stand on a stool or ladder and attack the ceiling with a sponge or rag loaded with mildew/mold cleaner. Unfortunately, using bleach can be hazardous to breathe, white vinegar smells awful, and both can drip on the user's clothing or, worse, in their eyes. My suggestion would be to not only create a healthier alternative to removing mildew and mold (see post on Natural Mold Removers) but also make a telescoping cleaning wand with a triangular ratcheting-head, something like the Rubbermaid Extendable Scrubber* which has a pointed end to get into corners. Pre-loaded disposable mildew/mold cleaning pads, along the lines of a Swiffer pad, could be affixed to the wand, allowing short people, the elderly, or ladder challeneged users to safely clean the ceiling without fearing an accident or getting cleaning solution on their clothing or in their hair and/or eyes.
Unfortunately, I can't seem to import my drawing of the wand so I've included a link to a picture of the Rubbermaid Extendable Scrubber:
Totally off the subject - why not add a simple pencil type line drawing tool to the above toolbar?
Sometimes, mold isn't always obvious, especially if it's present in conjunction with other stains such as rust or dirt.
In my teens I worked at a swimming pool that used chlorine gas to treat the water. Before entering the chemical room, we were required to spray an ammonia based spray in the door. If the air in the presence of the spray became cloudy, we knew chlorine was present and we'd have to immediately evacuate. Yes, we did eventually have a leak and the spray probably saved lives.
Perhaps a similar spray that changed color upon contact with the presence of mold could help us detect what we can't see and help to diagnose the severity of the problem. As a homeowner with experience renovating 100+ year old homes, I'm willing to tackly some gnarly problems, but I have my limits when it comes to mold. If I could quickly spray and know how big a problem I'm dealing with, it would allow me to assess whether I have to call in an expert. Extra bonus if it could be formulated in such a way that it could indicate mold in areas that can't be seen. After all, commercial mold "sniffers" are not cheap at all.....and mold can and will go places we can't see.